Who doesn’t love pizza? We often daydream about it, salivate when watching ads on TV, and wish we could eat it every day. A healthy lifestyle means making smart choices daily, but allowing yourself to enjoy what you love once in a while.
But you may not want to eat traditional pizza as much or at all once you try this cauliflower crust pizza! It is a very low calorie alternative and it can satisfy your cravings for pizza. The entire crust is about 300 calories!
What you’ll need:
4 cups cauliflower, riced (1 head)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or parmesan-romano cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. of salt
Pinch of pepper
*If you want to try out a smaller version of this recipe, cut the entire recipe in half, so you can try it first!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Take your whole head of cauliflower and cut into florets. Place the florets in a food processor (do half of the cauliflower at a time) and begin to pulse. It won’t take long to get the desired rice-like texture, so don’t over-process.
3. Remove cauliflower and steam for a few minutes or place in a microwave safe bowl and cook for about 5 minutes. Place on a clean, thin dishtowel and let cool.
Squeeze the liquid out of cauliflower as much as you can. We have found this to help achieve a better crust that is less moist. But if you want it soft, don’t squeeze.
4. Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or round pizza pan and form into a crust. You can raise the edges a little bit for a thicker crust or keep the whole thing thin, about 1/4 inch or so.
5. Bake crust for about 15-20 minutes or until the crust is cooked through and firm to the touch (look for a golden brown color.) Cook times may vary but keep an eye out!
6. Remove from oven, top with favorite toppings and place back in oven until just melted (no more than 10 minutes)
In above photo: Half pizza topped with turkey pepperoni and low fat mozzarella. Other half topped with grilled chicken breast, cut into pieces, and onions, green peppers, mushrooms and low fat mozzarella.
Give it a try and let us know how it comes out!
Your Guide To Shopping For Produce
Find out what produce you should definitely buy organic, and what is okay to buy conventionally
It seems to be getting harder and harder to know what is being sold to us at the grocery store. We know that the beautiful, shiny produce is the most affordable but probably contains the highest amounts of wax, pesticides and other chemicals. However, organic can be a bit pricey and possibly unavailable, depending on where you have access to shop.
Did you know that the USDA found a total of 178 different pesticides and pesticide breakdown products on the thousands of produce samples it analyzed? The pesticides persisted on fruits and vegetables even when they were washed and, in some cases, peeled.
See what happens when you pour hot water on conventional apples. The chemicals literally melt! It’s important that we buy organic and if we cannot, at least wash our produce prior to consuming (Video: Laurline Eldemire Lawrence via Facebook):
Check out the most recent list of produce that you should preferably buy organic, known as the ‘Dirty Dozen,’ and which produce is safe to purchase conventionally, known as the ‘Clean Fifteen.’ While you may not find every produce item you like to eat on these lists, this is a great start!
Read the full report here:
Drink Your Way to Fat Loss
Let’s start with water and its importance to fat loss……notice I say “Fat Loss” because I view it differently than “weight loss”. Eliminate carbohydrates, fast, go on a juice diet, detox, cleanse or drink some sort of weight loss shake and inevitably you will lose weight. However, you generally will gain it back…and if you are super unlucky…plus some!
On average, I would say that prior to my lifestyle change, I was lucky to finish a bottle of water a day. I didn’t think about drinking and I consumed most of my liquids in the form of tea or coffee during the day as I was never a soda drinker.
If you want to lose FAT, here are a few reasons water is so important to your success.
1. Appetite Control – Water is an appetite suppressant which means that drinking enough of it ensures that when you do feel hungry you really need something to eat. Drinking a lot of water helps to keep hunger at bay!
2. Toxins – Water clears toxins and helps fats pass through your system before they can be stored. Water helps any substance your body doesn’t need exit safely and aids in transporting the necessary nutrients throughout your body.
3. Kidney function – The kidneys require water to carry out their duty of processing waste products efficiently. When the kidneys don’t have enough water, the liver comes to aid. Part of the liver’s responsibilities is to take your stored fat and turn it into energy you can use. Therefore, by not drinking enough water you are slowing down the speed at which the liver can do it’s work. Drink more water and let the liver turn your FAT into ENERGY!
FIT TIP-Drink 8 oz or 1 glass of water every hour at work. One 8 hour shift meets the average daily requirement of 8 glasses (64 oz) a day.
4. Hormones – As you start to cut the amount of food you are taking in as most people do when they are trying to lose weight the body senses this lack of calories. From an evolutionary perspective, whenever there was a lack of food there was also a lack of water. By consuming enough water, you tell the body there is “No Emergency” and that it is safe to let go of the fat rather than hoard it.
5. Hydrated Muscles – Muscles that are hydrated are stronger which leads to better workouts, more muscle growth and ultimately increases your metabolism. Muscles burn more calories just by their mere existence!
@iamnayfit – 5 Tips to Make Your #BodyGoals A Reality and Getting Results In 28-Day Challenge
What is the #Ri28 challenge?
The 28 day challenge was made when we put together all of the elements needed to lower your body fat percentage quickly and efficiently. The combination of reducing carb intake and increase activity on a daily basis is key to fat loss.
What can people expect over 28 days?
Clients can look forward to a no stress program. No gym membership is needed , no gym equipment is required. All you need is $39 and a device to watch the workout on.
Who is the #Ri28 challenge for?
This challenge is for anyone who wants to tighten and tone. This a great way to spice up your normal cardio routine with high intensity interval training.
Why should people join the challenge?Anyone wanting for feel better and look their best should join the #Ri28 family. 2017 is coming to an end and it’s time for bring in the new year feeling and looking like the best version of YOU!
What are your Five Tips to Make #BodyGoals A Reality?
Recap: 2018 Finding Ashley Stewart Event
Video: Influencers Talk Health, Hair, Beauty and Empowerment at the Ubiquitous Women’s Expo
Episode 5: The REAL Bow – Dr. Rainbow Barris
Episode 4: Leah Uko – Journalist on Fox 11 Los Angeles + Bodybuilder
Milkadamia – Macadamia Milk
How To Do The Barbell Hip Thrust…
Quick Shoulder Routine
Deanna Robinson Talks Health and Fitness to Young Girls at The P.E.A.R.L.S. Inc.
DON’T WASTE YOUR LEFTOVERS
Nothing better than finishing off a workout with SETS of core I rarely do Core …
Culture12 months ago
Greenleaf Star Deborah Joy Winans Talks About Overcoming Self-Doubt and Achieving Self-Love
Cover Feature12 months ago
Living Fit The Civil Way – How A Healthy Lifestyle Powers Karen Civil’s Success
Training11 months ago
Michael B. Jordan Gained 15 Pounds of Muscle for Killmonger Role
Training11 months ago
5 Reasons People Quit Going To The Gym
Interviews12 months ago
Hollywood Stylist and Former WAGS LA Star Ashley North Talks Healthy Living
Culture12 months ago
American Bobsledder Aja Evans Looks to Bring Home Gold at the Winter Olympics
Training11 months ago
5 Lies that Keep Ladies from Lifting
Interviews11 months ago
Bernie Mac’s Widow, Rhonda McCullough, Talks Regaining Health after Loss