Black Fitness Today is proud to announce that celebrity trainer, fitness expert, model and BFT contributing writer Obi Obadike earned a spot on Dr. Oz’s Sharecare.com’s ‘Top 10 Social HealthMakers in Fitness.’
The list is very impressive — other notable fitness experts named include both Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper from NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
We are very proud of Obi’s accomplishments and his relentless pursuit to make a positive impact on world by inspiring people to achieve greater levels of health and fitness.
Created in 2010 “by Jeff Arnold and Dr. Mehmet Oz in partnership with Harpo Productions, Sony Pictures Television and Discovery Communications, Sharecare allows people to ask, learn and act upon questions of health and wellness, creating an active community where knowledge is shared and put into practice — simply said, sharing care.”
Sharecare Social HealthMakers are among the most influential people in health and wellness on the web, driving conversations on the leading edge of many health topics. They address a wide range of issues within specific topic areas while demonstrating consistent impact across multiple interactive channels — such as Twitter, Facebook, videos and blogs. This impact is measured through a proprietary algorithm based on more than 100 individual metrics developed and powered by WCG, the leading digital marketing and communications agency, quantifying topic relevance, syndication, presence and reach. Earlier Sharecare lists have identified Social HealthMakers in mental health, diabetes, nutrition, weight loss, heart disease and more.
- Cassey Ho: A Pilates and fitness instructor, creator of POP Pilates and founder of Blogilates.com, Ho has been honored as one of YouTube’s Next Trainers, with her videos having received more than 13 million views.
- Sanjay Gupta, MD: Best known as CNN’s chief medical correspondent and host of an award-winning show under his name, Dr. Gupta has written several best-selling books and is a special correspondent for CBS News’ 60 Minutes
- Jillian Michaels: A passionate coach on NBC’s The Biggest Loser, Michaels is also the best-selling author of Master Your Metabolism and Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life. She operates her own comprehensive online wellness program.
- Jessica Smith: A certified wellness coach and fitness lifestyle expert, Smith is the star of several exercise DVDs, includingShape magazine’s Flat Abs 5 Ways and the creator of 10 Pounds Down, a series designed to help people reach their goals ten pounds at a time.
- Sarah Klein: A health and fitness editor for The Huffington Post’s Healthy Living section where she covers industry news and contributes to the “Ask Healthy Living” column, Klein has also appeared on CNN, The Villager, Sports Illustrated Kids and more.
- Obi Obadike: Fitness model and TV personality Obadike writes for Bodybuilding.com, contributes to fitness magazines and created the online personal training business Perfect Anatomy.
- Chris Freytag: A nationally recognized health and wellness expert with more than 20 years of experience, Freytag serves as chairman of the board of the American Council on Exercise (ACE). She is a certified group fitness instructor, personal trainer and weight management coach and a published author and speaker.
- Kathryn Budig: Having trained and taught yoga in Los Angeles for eight years, Budig now teaches classes around the world. She also writes the “Challenge Pose” blog on Yoga Journal.com and is a contributing writer for MindBodyGreen.com and Women’s Health magazine.
- Bob Harper: One of the nation’s most in-demand fitness specialists and a coach on NBC’s The Biggest Loser, Harper has authored his own fitness books and DVD series.
- Jenna Autuori-Dedic: The fitness editor of Fitness magazine, where she provides news and advice on nutrition and exercise, Autuori-Dedic has also worked at Shape magazine, Cosmopolitan and Women’s Wear Daily.
For more information about Sharecare’s Top 10 Social HealthMakers on Fitness, go to www.sharecare.com/shm-fitness. To find out your body’s true age, join Sharecare — membership is free — and take the RealAge Test at www.sharecare.com/realagetest.