- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250-800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Friendly, easy to understand, relatable. We strive to publish things that people want to read and will share with people they care about.
- Health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
- Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. Black Fitness Today is a great way to promote yourself and what you care about.
- Once we post it, tell your friends! Once your post is up, don’t hesitate to tell everyone what you’ve done! If you’re a regular submitter, you’ll be eligible to earn a spot on our team of experts!
- We love connecting with new contributors but sometimes it gets a little hectic here at Black Fitness Today. If we don’t respond in a week, remind us! We’re not ignoring you- promise.
- By submitting to Black Fitness Today you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Black Fitness Today editorial team.
- We love posts that help our readers grow and feel inspired. While there aren’t strict guidelines about the type of posts we feature, we find that recipes, advice pieces, and personal essays about a major transformation do well. Advice pieces typically provide tips to improve health, fitness and nutrition. Pieces with specific yoga sequences or fitness routines also resonate with our readers.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine). We love photos that are shot outdoors, in natural light, and ideally with as few distractions in the background as possible.
- What we look for workout or fitness posts: While a photo submission with these posts is not necessary, it is highly encouraged. The photo (or photos) should be original, of you or a model completing the pose, sequence, or routine you’re writing about, and the image should be high-quality. Each photo should be labeled with the move it’s demonstrating. When submitting this kind of post, please provide specific instruction on exactly how to complete the activity. Assume your reader is fit, but new to this particular exercise. If you have a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) illustrating the activity, we are happy to include that in the post, too.
- What we look for in recipes: When submitting a recipe, please be sure to include an original, high-quality photo of your prepared dish. Please include serving size, ingredients (including measurements), clear directions on how to prepare the recipe, as well as an introductory paragraph explaining how you like to serve the dish or why this recipe has become one of your favorites.
- BFT food photo guidelines: In an effort to keep our photos consistent in style, please keep in mind the following when submitting:
- Photos work best on our website in landscape format.
- We prefer photos taken in natural daylight.
- Neutral dishes and backgrounds work best.
- Photos should be taken on a clean, natural surface such as white marble, white, light grey or natural wood or just a clean white surface. Linen and slate are also nice.
- We are looking for the food photos to exude the beauty of good, real, whole foods — the food should be the star with minimal, simple props, when necessary, to enhance the image. (For example, a slice of lemon or herbs on the side could work nicely if the recipe calls for it or an appropriately placed spoon, etc.)
- Close-up shots are often not as nice as giving the dish a little space to breathe and come alive.
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc). Please only send images that you own.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages. Please put any relevant links in brackets like this both in your bio, and in the piece: [http://facebook.com/BlackFitnessToday].
- Please DO NOT hyperlink.
- A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
The content in the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties offer any warranty or guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to make sure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
We are not medical professionals therefore and recommend that you first consult a physician or other qualified health care provider before beginning any exercise or diet program. A physician or other health care provider can decide what type of exercise, the frequency, and the intensity are proper for you. A physician or other health care provider will be able to recommend an exercise program that will cater to a your specific heath concerns and needs.
This website has material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, logos, images, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
If you create an account with Black Fitness Today, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you are accessing and using the website on someone else’s behalf, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as a principal to all the Terms and Conditions provided herein, and you agree to accept liability for harm caused by any wrongful use of the website resulting from such access or use. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content, for any reason, in our sole discretion without prior notice.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to offer further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Black Fitness Today’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.