Looking for a healthy and delicious snack? Have a taste for dark chocolate? Try these ‘Decadent Dark Chocolate Oat Bites,’ for a guilt-free desert that will be sure to knock out those sweet tooth cravings.
Cooking Utensils Required:
– 4 muffin liners
– 1 chopping board
– 1 microwaveable bowl
– 1 muffin tin
– 1 sharp knife
– 1 tablespoon
– 1 wooden spoon
– 75g of dark chocolate
– 75g of oats
– 50ml of honey
– 25g of butter
– 10g of sugar
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Chop the dark chocolate into chunks and place it into the microwaveable bowl.
3) Place the microwaveable bowl in the microwave and melt the dark chocolate.
4) Add the butter, 40ml of honey, oats and sugar to the microwaveable bowl and stir well. Ensure that all the oats are coated in the chocolate mixture.
5) Place the 4 muffin liners in the muffin tray.
6) Spoon equal amounts of the mixture from the microwaveable bowl into each muffin liner.
7) Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
8) After 18 minutes turn the oven off, remove the muffin tray and place it in the fridge for 2 hours.
9) To add Valentine’s Day appeal use the remaining 10ml of honey to draw an ‘x’ shaped kiss on each of the 4 dark chocolate oat bites.
– 940 calories total
– 235 calories per decadent dark chocolate oat bite
Photo courtesy of Pop Sugar