Celebrity physician and wellness expert Dr. Ian Smith is well-known for his popular SHRED Diet, but he is also directing his efforts toward helping American sleep better through a partnership with Proctor & Gamble and the National Sleep Foundation. Dr. Ian is an advocate of getting quality sleep and believes a good nights rest begins with an ideal sleeping environment, which includes putting electronics to bed at least 30 minutes before your head hits the pillow, having comfortable linens, and pleasant aromas such as lavender found in Downy® UNSTOPABLES® Dreams™
It’s hard to unwind and turn off your mind at the end of the day, especially when technology like laptops and smartphones are so readily accessible and easy to use in bed,” said Dr. Smith. “In fact, the use of electronics before bedtime is one of the biggest issues doctors notice in patients who struggle to relax in order to fall asleep. That’s why I recommend patients start with simple solutions I’ve tried myself, like turning off electronics at least 30 minutes before bedtime and creating an ideal sleep environment including washing linens and pajamas in the Sweet Dreams Collection.
Don’t sleep on the facts (NSF – Sleep differences among ethnic groups survey)
- Blacks/African-Americans report losing sleep every night over personal financial concerns (12%) and employment concerns (10%) at a higher rate than Whites (6% and 7%) or Asians (1% and 4%). Hispanics are almost equally concerned each night about these two issues (11% and 9%, respectively)
- Blacks/African-Americans report getting the least amount of sleep on workdays/weekdays (6 hours and 14 minutes). Interestingly, they also say that they need only 7 hours and 5 minutes of sleep each night to perform at their best during the day, which is significantly less sleep than Asians and Hispanics (7 hours and 29 minutes each).
- Blacks/African-Americans report getting an average of 34 minutes less sleep on a work night/weeknight than Asians and 38 minutes less than Whites.
Dr. Ian wants you to start your journey towards better sleeping because sleep can have a direct impact on one’s health, either positively or negatively, which is why the celebrity physician and wellness expert is encouraging people to take the “Tuck In. Turn Off.,” pledge while touring the country on a tour of the same name.
Take the pledge and visit your local grocery store to pick up The Sweet Dreams Collection.
The Sweet Dreams Collection
- Tide® plus A touch of Downy™ Sweet Dreams™: Perfect for sheets, pajamas, and other nighttime fabrics, Tide works to clean fabrics from things you can see, like dirt—to things you can’t see, like perspiration.
- Tide plus A touch of Downy Sweet Dreams is available nation-wide for a suggested retail price of $13.99 for a 48-load bottle. Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.
- Downy® UNSTOPABLES® Dreams™: An in-wash scent booster that allows consumers to control the amount of lavender scent added to each laundry load. The relaxing lavender scent will last 12 weeks in storage ensuring your bedtime fabrics can always be ready for bedtime.
- Downy UNSTOPABLES Sweet Dreams is available nation-wide for a suggested retail price of $6.99. Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.
- Downy Infusions® Sweet Dreams™: SilkTouch™ infuses fabrics with a silky softness that makes your everyday fabrics (and you) feel fabulous.
- Downy Infusions Sweet Dreams is available nation-wide for a suggested retail price of $4.99-$5.99 for 40 loads. Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.
- Bounce® Sweet Dreams™: Small but mighty— just toss one dryer sheet in the dryer to soften, freshen, control static, and help repel lint and hair on bedtime fabrics.
Bounce Sweet Dreams is available nation-wide for a suggested retail price of $4.89-5.99 for a 150-count box. Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.