Cook up something new with your ground turkey. Here’s a great healthy dinner we love to make that you can try this weekend!
Guac Turkey Burger w/ Sweet Potato “Chips”
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
2. 1/2 finely chopped small white onion
3. 1 clove finely chopped garlic
4. 1 egg to bind
5. *Optional 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
6. *Optional 2 tbsp. off the block cheddar cheese
7. 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
8. 1-2 large sweet potatoes, sliced about 1/8 inch thin
9. Udi’s Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns OR whole wheat sandwich thins
10. 1 small haas avocado, mashed
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After slicing sweet potatoes, place on 1-2 large baking sheets over parchment paper. Sprinkle with optional olive oil, salt and pepper. (Cayenne pepper works great too). Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties. Grill or place on skillet on medium high heat at least 4 minutes each side (or until you reach desired doneness). Top with avocado.