This combination of ground turkey and yams is so good, you’ll want it again and again! The original recipe is from Oxygen Magazine. Easy to make and very good for you. We served this up with roasted veggies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. 1lb ground turkey
2. 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (1/4 cup whole flax ground in a coffee grinder yields 1/2 cup ground. Feel free to just use the 1/4 cup flaxseed if you can’t grind it up).
3. 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan
4. 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced (we used dried)
5. 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
6. 1 large sweet potato, quartered and cooked
7. 1 egg, beaten
8. 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
9. Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375. 2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until everything is well blended. If you don’t have a food processor, mash sweet potatoes with a fork and combine well with the other ingredients using clean hands. 3. Spray a 12-muffin tin with cooking spray. Evenly divide mixture amongst muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (Per 2 muffins): Calories: 180, Fats: 7 g, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 22 g